It’s not too late to get additional savings from BC Hydro’s Fall Rebate Program! If you purchase a qualifying Energy Star appliance between September 30, 2016 and November 30, 2016, you could get up to $300 back.
BC Hydro Fall Rebate Program
Who’s Offering the Rebates?
- BC Hydro – To bring awareness to energy-efficient appliances, BC Hydro offers rebates twice a year.
- The manufacturer: For example, Samsung is doubling BC Hydro’s rebate in November. Check out this Samsung washer – BC Hydro is offering a $100 rebate, Samsung will top it up to $200!
- Municipality: Depending on which city you reside in, if you purchase a qualifying WASHER, you may be able to qualify for additional savings. Take a look at this Municipal_Rebate-Table for details.
How to Apply
Great news: you can receive ALL the applicable rebates by applying ONCE. Here is how this program works:
- Go to the BC Hydro Application form.
- Ensure you have:
- A digital copy of your invoice/receipt readily available
- Your BC Hydro account number (eg. On a copy of your bill or when you log into your BC Hydro account)
- A valid email address
- The actual address of where the appliance is being installed
- Please note your application and proof of purchase must be submitted within 60 days from the date you purchased your new appliance.
- Complete the web form and provide all the necessary information. Once completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from BC Hydro with further instructions (if applicable). Once you submit everything BC Hydro requires, they will assess your application and issue you all the rebates (mentioned above) that you qualify for via:
- A cheque that is mailed directly to you OR
- A BC Hydro credit that is applied towards your account
That’s it! The process takes approximately between 6-8 weeks to complete but is totally worth it for those extra savings!