The jumbo packs of mini junk food lining the aisles at your local grocery store mean Halloween has reared its candy-coated head as the next major event of the year. Do you have a costume? If you’re like most people these days, you might have turned to the faithful internet in the hopes that someone has a DIY costume idea that’s not a bed sheet with holes and that can be whipped up with minimal fuss.
Here at Trail Appliances, we have some suggestions for you that are shockingly – appliance-related.
- Making a fridge costume can be as simple or as complicated as your crafting skills allow:
- Once upon a time a popular prank was to call an acquaintance and ask if their refrigerator was running. If the answer was yes, the suggestion was made that they go catch it. So this year, why not make a running refrigerator costume? Acquire a white box, cut the requisite holes, duct tape a line down the centre for handles, glue some magnets on and presto: instant fridge costume. Add some running pants and sneakers to complete the look.
- If you like your costume to be more on the ghoulish side, you can add a freezer section complete with a frozen head
2. Need complementary costumes? How about a washer and dryer? Throw in a laundry basket if you’ve got a third.
- A stove costume can be as ghoulish or as cute as you’d like. It just depends on what you’ve got baking in your oven.
- Finally, if scissors, glue and giant unwieldy boxes are beyond you this Halloween, track down a blue jacket and a matching vintage repairman hat, and you can be Ol’ Lonely, the Maytag repairman.
Bonus: If you’re looking for a no fuss costume – how about going as a Hood Fan? Simply pin a sign to your shirt saying “Go Hood” and make a banner to wave around proclaiming your support for Team Hood.
(Refrigerator, Freezer & Oven costume images from www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com)